Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Peek Into The Creative Process Here At Art Pod Studios

Many times when people look at the things I have made they want to know, how did you ever come up with that? Well, believe it or not there actually is a method to my madness ;) It almost always starts with an emotional response I have had to something I have either heard or seen. When an emotional chord is struck in me that usually gets my creative juices flowing. Sometimes I just start sketching or trying new ways to do a familiar project. When this "emotion based" art project begins to feel and look like what I have imagined in my mind's eye, I know how I want it to look when I am finished and just what I need to do to "tweak" the design a little.

Another avenue for creating that I have stepped into lately is a book I discovered called "Caffeine For The Creative Mind". This book has some really great ideas to help you open up your creative thoughts and try new art experiments. I try to do at least 3 creativity exercises a week. I believe it's true what one of the chapters in the book said about creativity being a muscle, and that to make it stronger you have to exercise it.

No comments: